Hello All! Welcome to the SWE Region G blog as run by your FY 15 Region Collegiate Communications Editor (RCCE)! Region G is the Ohio Valley Region, which contains sections from Kentucky, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
My name is Sarah Marie Robb, and I am the Region Collegiate Communications Editor (RCCE) for Region G in FY15. I am a first year PhD student in biomedical engineering at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.
Please browse some of our useful permanent pages, as well as some of our popular categories, and don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss any important posts!
Hey Region G! The photos that Region G submitted for the WE14 Celebrate SWE! Photo Scavenger Hunt are now posted!
Thanks to everyone who submitted photos, and special thanks to Region G Governor Lisa Rimpf for organizing them and making a beautiful slideshow.
Check the photos out on our blog’s photos page or on the Region G facebook page
SWE organizes a photo scavenger hunt that each region can participate in, and here is the long-awaited list for the photo scavenger hunt…
Help Region G win the SPIRIT AWARD this year: Please submit photos to Lisa Rimpf via Governor-G@swe.org that meet these requirements as soon as possible and not later than Friday, October 24.
- Higher Learning: An official sign clearly showing the name of an institution of higher education (university, college, or trade school)
- Inspiring the Future: Showcase an outreach event introducing 5-18 year old girls to STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) careers.
- A Day in the Life: Professional engineers and scientists at work. Interesting props/equipment highly encouraged.
- Working Together: Photo from a joint professional-collegiate event.
- Mascot: Photo with a school, region, section, sports team or company mascot.
- Sight-seeing: Take a photo with a historical landmark. The landmark should be prominent, and please also tell us what it is. (Does not have to be from the last year)
- Celebrate our Success: Recognize a signature event or accomplishment from your organization. Accomplishment should have a historical context, such as a section anniversary celebration, a chartering banquet for a new section, a 5th annual golf tournament, etc.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Photo that highlights diversity (gender diversity, ethnic diversity, etc.).
- Looking Good: Show us what the successful business woman should be or will be wearing at the Career Fair. Does not have to be taken at the Career Fair, but may be.
- Getting there is half the fun: Photo of members traveling to WE14/ICWES16.
- Leadership: Take a photo with a past or current SWE or INWES Board of Directors Member.
- New friends from around the world: Photo with people who live at least 2000 miles from one another. Include a map with home locations indicated.
- I love LA!: Include a photo that shows how you will remember your visit to Los Angeles and WE14.
- Holiday spirit: Photo of your favorite costume at the I-scream social on Wednesday, October 22, 2014.
- WE14 Wild Card photo: TBD. Photo requirement will be distributed at RG meeting on Wednesday.
- All photos must be taken since WE13 (November 2013 or later) unless otherwise noted.
- All photos must include at least one member of your organization.
- All the photos cannot be provided by the same group (SWE section, for example). Multiple sections or groups must be evident in the slide show.