Congratulations to the SWE members who participated in a wonderful rendition of the Glamorous ENGINEERs from Region G! Some photos can be found on Facebook. Special acknowledgments go to Penn State – lyrics, University of Kentucky – awesome dance moves, University of Akron – props and costumes, and to all who participated.
It was great fun and I hear we are already excited about and planning for next year’s Celebrate SWE!
Thanks to the team of collegiate members who represented Region G !!!
Awards – Congratulations to the following sections in Region G:
Outstanding Collegiate Section – Silver Awards went to:
University of Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania State University
University of Cincinnati
Membership Retention Award
Large Section – Ohio State University
Undergraduate Collegiate Poster Competition
Laura DeWalt, Pennsylvania State University, Erie, 2nd place
Ten SWE Scholarship Recipients within Region G:
• Kathryn Olesnavage, Carnegie Mellon University, Electrical Eng, Soph.
• Emily Griffin, Carnegie Mellon University, Mechanical Eng, Freshman
• Faith Bazley, Case Western Reserve University, Biomedical Eng, Junior
• Danielle Grage, University of Cincinnati, Aerospace Eng, Junior
• Shelli Jones, University of Cincinnati, Chemical Eng, Senior
• Racquel Redwood, University of Cincinnati, Biomedical Eng, Soph.
• Michelle Sing, Case Western Reserve University, Polymer Science and Eng, Sophomore
• Stephanie Momich, University of Pittsburgh, Industrial Eng, Sophomore
• Karin Bodnar, University of Akron, Electrical Eng, Junior
• Angela Holmen, Carnegie Mellon University, Chemical Eng, Graduate
The section and region awards are now listed on the national website:
Please take a look at the winners and I suggest researching the websites of the sections and regions who did receive awards and get ideas on how to improve our Region G sections, so that we can win more awards! Also, note that the majority of the awards are for collegiate sections, so we need to encourage and help our collegiate sections to apply. Pay attention to those awards where an award was not given to all three – large, medium, small sections – this means that not enough applications were received. I encourage you to keep up the good work in Region G and plan to apply next year.