The deadline for FY13 SWEFL (SWE Future Leaders) Program Nominations is April 9th; please nominate outstanding collegiate members. Nominees should have no less than two years left of a current degree program (i.e. Freshmen and Sophomores for undergraduates or 1st/2nd year graduate students going for a doctorate) and shall have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0. Candidates for SWEFL nominations should be active collegiate members of the society and have exhibited strong leadership potential and interest in extended involvement in the society beyond the collegiate experience. Nominees who have been selected as SWEFLs for a previous FY or have attended Collegiate Leadership Forum (CLF) as another function are precluded from being nominated. SWEFL candidates are chosen based on their nominations and availability to attend the CLF this summer in the Minneapolis area from August 16 – 19th.
Nominators should have an established relationship with the nominee that permits detailed insight into the nominee’s leadership potential and interest in the society. The nominator cannot be the nominee herself, as one of the leadership metrics used for establishing future leadership is to establish networks and relationships. Nominators are not required to be members of SWE, but should have some knowledge of the society to understand the value of the program and the society goals. Examples of past nominators include professors, counselors, and SWE section presidents.
The nomination form asks for your contact information and the SWEFL nominee’s contact information. Additionally, the following questions are also part of the nomination:
- Current involvement in university section and/or other society activities
- Potential future involvement in university section and/or other society activities
- Activities and responsibilities in other organizations that show positive leadership skills and abilities
- Traits and capabilities of the nominee that indicate their leadership potential
- How the nominee would benefit from participating in the SWEFL program
- How others would benefit from the nominee participating in the SWEFL program