The Facebook scholarship awards women excelling in computer science with the chance to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference from October 3-6, 2012.
- Grace Hopper Conference Registration.
- An invitation to a private reception at Facebook with director of engineering Jocelyn Goldfein and other Facebook employees during the Grace Hopper Conference.
- An all-expenses-paid visit to Facebook’s New York City office from September 30 – October 2 that includes tech talks, mentoring sessions, and optional sightseeing
- Travel and lodging accommodations for New York and Baltimore.
- $200 food stipend.
- Wednesday, September 5, 2012: Applications for the Grace Hopper Scholarship must be submitted.
- Friday, September 14, 2012: Award recipients will be notified by email of their acceptance.
- Sunday, September 30 – Saturday, October 6, 2012: Award recipients travel dates.
- If you are a student, you must be enrolled full-time at a university anywhere in the world and pursuing a computer science, computer engineering, or related technical major.
- If you are not a student, you must be working full-time in a technical position at an engineering, computer engineering and/or hardware engineering company anywhere in the world.
- International applicants are welcome, but you will be responsible for securing your own visa in time to attend the conference.
- Other criteria will be decided by Facebook in its sole discretion. Facebook complies with all equal opportunity laws.