Program introduction: Building on successes over the past three years, international visitors to WE12 will be paired with SWE members from the US to encourage cultural exchange in a SWE International Sister Program. The goals of the program are to provide participants with personal connections with a diverse group of conference attendees as well as with increased awareness of the opportunities for women engineers in specific countries and cultural differences between the U.S. and other countries.
- Sign up for the program by October 27, 2012.
- Exchange introductory emails with your sister at least 1 week before the conference.
- Attend the SWE International Sister meeting session at WE12 to meet your partner in person and network with other participants in the program. This session will be held on Friday, November 9, 2012, at 10:00am in Room 310A in the George R. Brown Convention Center (coffee and light breakfast food will be provided).
- Attend one other event at WE12 together (this can be a presentation on a topic of shared interest, for example, or one of the social events like the ice cream social).
- If your company has a booth and/or hospitality suite at the conference, invite your sister to visit while you will be there.
- This program is open to all conference attendees via advance registration through the website link below. The target audience includes professional SWE members and international conference attendees. We will make every effort to pair interested SWE members with an international visitor, but keep in mind that we may have unequal registrations from the two groups. Therefore, we will make the pairings on a first come-first served basis.
- Click here to sign up. with your name, country, company, and engineering discipline by October 27, 2012. We will share the name and contact information of your sister pair no later than one week before the conference. Questions can also be addressed to Jennifer Patterson.