Are you interested in taking your SWE leadership to the next level? Do you want to make a difference in programs for collegiate members or assist in developing the strategic direction of SWE in the Senate; this is your opportunity to apply! You could be Region G’s next Region Collegiate Representative (RCR), Region Collegiate Communication Editor (RCCE) or Region Collegiate Senator (RCS). FY15 leadership position terms run from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015.
The RCR, RCCE and RCS positions receive invaluable interaction and coaching from SWE leaders. These leadership opportunities sharpen your career skill-set in the areas of leading and facilitation, group dynamics and communication, and project leadership.
Apply now. Please download the application Region G RCR_RCCE_RCS_Application Packet Dec13 and complete for one of the positions that are described. All of the information is contained in the document so you only need to supply one form back to the Region G Nominating Committee chair (Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 1st, 2014.
To apply you will need:
- Member number
- School and Permanent Address
- Position of interest
- SWE leadership positions
- Other leadership positions
- Why you want to be RCR/RCCE/RCS
- What you bring to the RCR/RCCE/RCS position
- What SWE means to you
- Interest outside of SWE
Submit a photo and a candidate statement of no more than 400 words that will be used on the ballot should you be named a candidate by the Region Nominating Committee. Suggested items to include: your name, major, year in school, why you want the position/qualities you will bring, past leadership experiences (within SWE or other).
Applications are due February 1. An application does not guarantee appearance on the ballot. The Region Nominating Committee will determine the slate no later than February 21 and notify all applicants of their status prior to March 1. Elections will be conducted by SWE Headquarters; collegiate section presidents vote for Region Collegiate Leadership.
- Region Collegiate Representatives: As voting members of the Region Council, the RCRs represent collegiate members’ interests among region leaders. The RCRs facilitate collegiate meetings at annual and region conferences, and maintain communication with collegiate section presidents throughout the year. There are 2 RCR positions available for FY15.
- Region Collegiate Communications Editor: The RCCE is responsible for communicating important SWE events and best practices through the region’s blog and other social media. Per the bylaws, the RCCE also serves as the alternate for the RCR.
- Region Collegiate Senator: The RCS serves on the Senate, which is responsible for charting the strategic direction and adopting long-range goals for the Society.
All leaders are expected to:
- Attend the Region Leadership Summit (date TBD – usually late summer/early fall)
- Attend the Society’s Annual Conference, WE14, in Los Angeles, California
- Attend 2015 events: RCS at the Winter Senate meeting typically late January/early February, and RCR/RCCE at the 2015 Region Conference (date and location TBD)
- Participate in webinar and teleconference training sessions offered over the summer
- Actively participate with the Region Collegiate Team, led by the Lt. Governor
For more information on any of the roles, please contact the current leaders:
- RCRs (email@example.com)
- RCCE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RCS (email@example.com)
- Region Governor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Helen Patricia, Region G Nominating Committee Chair