Collegiate Members and 1st Year Professional Members
The Society Nominating Committee is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for the position of FY15 Collegiate Director. The collegiate director serves as a liaison to collegiate leaders, contributes collegiate knowledge and interests, and performs any other duties assigned by the President, the BOD, or Society governing documents. Candidates must meet all of the requirements and complete the nominating committee slating process. The collegiate director will be elected by the Collegiate Section Presidents in March. Funding for travel reimbursement is available.
Eligibility & Requirements
There are four SWE leadership competencies that each future leader should possess to some degree: Leadership Abilities, Communication, Business Knowledge & Management, Self-Management & Development. Applicants will be reviewed based on these competencies. In order to ensure a qualified collegiate is elected to the SWE BOD, the following set of requirements must be fulfilled:
- Must be a current collegiate member or first-year professional member.
- Must have been a collegiate member of the Society for the immediately previous year.
- Must have been a paid SWE Collegiate Member for at least two (2) years
- Be in good standing with her university and minimum GPA >/= 2.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Served in at least two of the following positions for at least a year each:
- SWE Society Committee/Task Force Member or Chair
- Region Collegiate Representative (RCR),
- Region Collegiate Communications Editor (RCCE),
- Collegiate Senator,
- Collegiate Section President, OR
- Other SWE position with significant responsibility (e.g., region conference chair (this assignment may not be a full year) or region committee chair)
- Attended at least one annual and one regional conference.
- Submitted an application form & three letters of recommendation (1 each) from the following:
- Collegiate section leader
- SWE professional member
- Faculty member or work supervisor
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a liaison to collegiate leaders including RCRs
- Contributes collegiate knowledge and interests during BOD meetings
- Assists RCRs in their duties
- Assists committee chairs with collegiate on committee selection process – “due diligence” & review quarterly reports to ensure collegiate recruiting on committees
- Any other duties assigned by the President, the BOD, or Society governing documents
An application must be submitted by each applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is February 12, 2014. In addition to the application, the following items need to be submitted:
- An unofficial transcript proving good standing with your university
- Three letters of recommendation
- A photo (headshot at 300 dpi resolution) in a .jpg file.
SWE Headquarters will be responsible for collecting the applications and verifying that the requirements have been met. All applicants will be notified by February 26, 2014 regarding if the applicant is slated for the Collegiate Director position or not. The Collegiate Director will be announced by May 1, 2014.