- Name: Virginia Mae Brandt
- Company and position: Energizer Holdings, Inc. / General Manager, RD&E
- What is your current SWE position and what do you do? Region G Treasurer FY13-14 I keep the financial files in order, prepare the budget for Regional Council approval, update the council on the Region’s financial status monthly, dispense funds as approved, file the annual reports and tax forms, and work on financial policies and procedures for the Region, such as the recently updated and approved Travel Policy.
- Involvement with SWE (years, positions, etc): I joined SWE in college. I left SWE after completing my Engineering degree. I rejoined SWE 7 years ago when a colleague from work invited me to join. I really wish I hadn’t missed out on the years in between! Positions that I have held include: Activity chair at the University of Missouri-Columbia collegiate section, VP, President and Representative for the Northeastern Ohio Professional Section, Awards and Recognition Committee Chair and Treasurer for Ohio Valley Region G.
- Favorite thing about SWE: SWE Members are the most interesting people. Everyone has a story to share that is inspiring to me.
- Any advice for an aspiring engineer? Believe in yourself and you will do great things.
- What do you like to do outside of SWE? My other passion is bicycling. I enjoy touring and camping.