- Name: Sarvenaz Laussermair
- School: University of Florida
- Major: Computer Science
- Year: 2013
- What is your current SWE position and what do you do?: RCR Coordinator-Elect (assist the RCR Coordinator and prepare to take on her role after one year). Collegiate Leadership Coach (facilitate workshops and presentations to collegiate sections)
- Involvement with SWE (years, positions, etc): I started as a freshman in college as the athletic director, and moved up as the Vice President of Internal Affairs, President, and Region D Collegiate Representative in my Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year.
- Favorite outreach event(s) you’ve done with SWE: Introduce a Girl to Engineering is an all-day outreach event we do every year at the University of Florida. We bring in hundreds of middle school girls to live a day in the life of an engineer.
- Favorite thing about SWE: The SWE community is definitely my favorite part. My network continuously grows through SWE, and I get to meet the most inspiring and brilliant people.
- What do you like to do outside of SWE? I’m really big on fitness and travel, and often try to combine the two. Whether it’s biking across Florida or competing in a triathlon, I love the excitement and adventure it brings.
- Company and position: Nielsen, Engineering Emerging Leaders Associate
- Any advice for an aspiring engineer? When you start in any role, be insanely curious. Question things. Don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know”, but don’t forget to find out the answer.